Business attire is required for all conference sessions. Casual dress for after hours and travel time.
No short tops that expose the torso or low bottoms that expose the hips will be allowed.
Cost of the room (double occupancy) and all associated taxes will be paid during your travel. Any other cost including movies, phone, mini-bar, room service, etc. must be paid by the occupants.
During the conference/meeting/workshop you should collect the following:
- Business Cards
- Conference programs or schedules of activities
- Notes that you take during sessions
Both oral and written reports are required upon return from your travel. Reports (2-3 pages) should include the following:
- Conference name, themes, location, dates, sponsoring agencies
- Name, affiliation, and title for each luncheon, plenary and dinner speaker
- Questions asked of the speaker and the answers given
- Most interesting conference activity
- Describe the workshops you attended (3-4 paragraphs)
- Names of other schools represented at the conference
- List three quotes that you heard during the conference from the presenters
Stipends are usually available for travelers. The amount of stipend will vary based on the number of days of travel, number of meals made available through the conference, and available funds. The stipend should be used to cover your conference expenses and meals not provided by the conference.
Be Ready for Security
Spend a few minutes ahead of time and prevent delays at security checkpoints. Most countries now prohibit or strictly limit the size of containers with liquids, gels, aerosols, and pastes that you can take in your carry-on luggage. You can use 3.4 oz. (or smaller) containers, placed in one quart-size, clear plastic zip-top bag. BE SURE TO BRING A PHOTO IDENTIFICATION.... DRIVERS LICENSE IS BEST.