Vernon T. Brown Jr.
A+, NET+, MCP, MCSA
Elizabeth City State University
1704 Weeksville Road
Elizabeth City, North Carolina 27909
Career Objective Obtain experience in the field of
information technology, while obtaining my doctorate degree by age 25.
Elizabeth City State University, 1704 Weeksville Road, Elizabeth City,
North Carolina, 27909
•Industrial Technology major
•Computer networking concentration
Polytech High School, 823 Walnut Shade Road, Woodside, Delaware, 19980-0097
•Computer Engineering Technology- [four year course was completed
in two years 2003-
•Business [second major 2005-2007]
A+ Certified Professional - CompTia, 2004 • Demonstrated knowledge
in installation and configuration of hardware and operating systems.
Network+ Certified Professional - CompTia, 2004 • Demonstrated
knowledge in installation configuration and troubleshooting networks.
Microsoft Certified Professional - Microsoft, 2005 • Demonstrated
knowledge in installing configuring and securing a Windows 2000 environment.
Microsoft Certified System Administrator - Microsoft, 2005 • Collaboration
of A+, Net+, MCP, with three additional tests focused on active directory.
Computer Technician Summer of 2005 Delaware State University, Dover,
• Assisted professors and students with technology.
• Set up all audio visual equipment before conferences
• Repaired, and maintained all technology in the MBNA building.
• Delaware Center for Enterprise Development - taught computer
basics and computer software and troubleshooting.
• J and J storage - trained on-duty secretary on Microsoft Office
applications, and Window XP navigation.
VTB Computer Repair Service
• I launched my own computer repair business, in the summer of
2000, (targeting college students attending Delaware State University).
• Created a recruitment CD-ROM for Delaware State University
(This specialized CD was used to target high school students and recruit
• This CD is also customized to be viewed on the internet. (www.vtbjr.net/recruitment)
• Created a website for the Northern Delaware Wrestling association.
(www.dwoa.org), other examples or available on (www.vtbjr.net)
• 2007 Participated in the Spelman College Computer Science Olympiad
• 2007 Champion of Honda Campus All Star Challenge
• 2007 Awarded an official tribute from Delaware House of Representatives,
for displaying academic excellence
• 2007 BPA fifth place National Windows Network Administration
• 2007 BPA 5th place State Information Technology Concepts winner.
• 2007 BPA 1st place State Windows Network Administration winner.
• 2006 BPA tenth place National Windows 2000 Administration winner.
• 2006 BPA 1st place State Windows 2000 Administration winner.
• 2005 Skills USA 1st place Regional technology winner.
• 2005 Skills USA 2nd and 3rd place State technology winner.
• 2007 Center for Remote Sensing Education and Research
• Business Professionals of America
• 2007 Varsity member of Honda Campus All Star Challenge
• National Society of Black Engineers