3245 Rockyhock Rd. Edenton , NC 27932 Phone:
-Brian Allen Campbell-- email@example.com
Elizabeth City State Univ. 1704 Weeksville rd
Elizabeth city, NC 27909 (252)335-3375
To obtain a position as a field
researcher that will allow for my continuing education, culminating in a
Masters Degree in geology or a related field.
- 2005-2006: Attending Elizabeth City State
University ; majoring in Geology graduating June 2007
- 2001: AAS Majoring in Biomedical Instrumentation; ECPI College of
- 1998: Received Graduates Equivalency Diploma with honors; College of
the Albemarle 5 th in class of 475
- October-December 2001: ECPI College of Technology
academic Achievement award GPA 3.95
- Summer 2005: $5000 award, DHS internship stipend University of
Southern California CREATE Center
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Research Poster, and Report Composition, Graphics Design
Computer & Technology
- Microsoft network administration Dos, Excel,
- Electronic troubleshooting & repair operation of electrical
testing tools; DMM, Oscilloscope Amp meters
- Electronic Schematic Analysis & Design
Internships/ Educational Grants
- November 2005: Received travel grant total $600 to
attend DHS scholars fellows and Scholars Orientation meeting Washington
- September2005: $1200 SACNAS national conference 2005 travel grant;
Air travel, accommodations.
- Fall 2005: Received $1000 student research grant from the Office of
Navel research ECSU
- Summer 2005: DHS Undergraduate research assistant, ReDIReCT,
University of Southern California , Center for Risk and Economic
Analysis of Terrorist events.
- March 16 – 21, 2005: Completed internship at Mt. Rainer National
Park . The internship focused on the preseason preparation and the
environmental standards that are required for park maintenance.
- February 22, 2005: 1000 research travel grant Mt. St. Helens project
ONR research lab
- Spring 2005- present research assistant Elizabeth
City State University, ONR undergraduate team researcher, and lab
assistant: GEMS department Currituck sound sediment study 2005.
- 2004-present: Landscape Design and alteration self employed Edenton
- 2002-2004: Carpenter with Bailey & Sons Construction Moyock , NC
- Spring 2002- fall 2002: Public Relations and Wild Life Documentation
Buffalo Field Campaign, West Yellowstone, Montana.
- 2001-2002 machine operator / mechanic, Ashton Lewis Lumber co.
Gatesville , NC . Operated and maintained industrial machinery including
saws, planers, and sorting machines.
- Pre 1999: Part time masons apprentice Crumm Construction Moyock, NC
- “The evolution of visually based representational standards and
Techniques in Geologic Mapping and Field Methods Since 1817” SACNAS 2005
National Conference, September 31, 2005
- Art and The Evolution of the Geologic Mapping, Presented at ECSU
Science week February 26, 2005 & Art in Science Conference April 16,
- Oral Presentation “Locating Geologic References within the Oral
Traditions of Indian Tribes of the Pacific Northwest” ECSU Art in
Science Conference April 16, 2005
- Power Point/ oral, presentation “ReDIReCT” presentation before the
DHS review committee, University of Southern California , Center of risk
and Economic Analysis of Terrorist Event. August, 2005
- Geology: Terrestrial Composition and Continental Emergence
- Anthropology: Prehistoric Civilization and Cross Culture Migration
- Oceanographic Geology: Submerged Shore line of continental shelf
- Geomorphology: disaster prediction and damage assessment
- Ecology: supplementation and conservation of existing resources
Travel Sites Visited
- Yellowstone National Park Montana , recreational
- Mt. Rainer national Park, Educational
- Mt. St Helens National Park , Research trip
- Mt. Hood national park, educational
- Elkins West Virginia fossil beds, Paleontology research
Personal Interest & Hobbies
- Landscape Design, Native Botanical Gardening
- Kayaking, hiking, all terrains, Carving; wood and stone
- Sketching still life original composition, Painting; oils and water
- Carpentry / cabinet making
- Reading : Nonfiction; Biographies, Field guides, National geographic
and similar magazines. Fiction: Fantasy, Science fiction, Mystery.
Exhibitions and Showings
- ECSU Study of the Earth Art Exhibit, April 15, 2005 3 rd placement
for piece “ Snowy Pass ” oil painting.
- Pasquotank county art league 2005 Heritage: pictures sold “snowy
pass” $200 “sunrise” $120
- Citizenship: Natural Born U.S.
- License: North Carolina Class C driver's license
- Bondability: Yes
- Blood type: