To obtain a position as a systems analyst or any other related position and
my education through the graduate level.
Bachelor of Science, (Major: Computer Science, Minor: Remote Sensing)
Elizabeth City State University, Elizabeth City, NC (Completion: May, 2005)
Office Suite 2000 (proficient)
Reading Schematics (excellent)
Systems troubleshooting (excellent)
COURSES OF RELEVANCE
Computer Information Systems Design: Grade A
C++ Programming Language: Grade A
Data Communications: Grade A
Cobalt Programming Language: Grade A
Productivity Software: Grade A
07/03 to Present
NOAA Researcher (Elizabeth City State University)
Conducting a wide range of research projects utilizing remote sensing hardware and
· Gaining familiarity and hands on experience with Remote Sensing hardware
software which includes; Landsat, Earth 2.1, Earth 2.2, and Terascan.
· Gaining familiarity and hands on experience with Unix SGI computer systems
· Gaining familiarity and hands on experience with HTML, and Dreamweaver
05/96 to 03/03
Communications Specialist (United States Marine Corps)
Creatively redesigned systems to achieve optimal performance. Skillfully diagnosed and repaired satellite and radio communication systems in field and shop environments. Provided leadership to all lower level workers in the communication section.
· Developed a database in Access that made tracking equipment in maintenance easier. Before the database was created, only paper record jackets tracked all the equipment in maintenance. The database cut reconciliation time by 50%.
· Supervised the maintenance of $3M+ in telecommunication equipment.
· Operated as single point of contact for maintenance of satellite systems in 20+ fieldoperations.
· Supervised six technicians in overall maintenance of communications.
AWARDS AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
· Recipient of the Center of Excellence in Remote Sensing Education
and Research NOAA Scholarship
· Secret Security Clearance (09/96 to 03/03)
· Received a Certificate of Commendation for demonstrated leadership.